Monday, March 2, 2009

Financial Goal Update February 2009

Below is a list of my financial goals for 2009 and how I've done so far:
1. Finish sinking fund for replacement computer. DONE Jan 09
2. Dive into sinking fund for replacement car DONE, bought car Feb 09
3. Getting through Mom's final illness and death without incurring debt. DONE Mom died in January. And I'm not going to list this goal again. I don't think it's a good idea for me.
4. Read one investing book per quarter. GOING TO LIBRARY TONIGHT.
5. Get more acclimated with CVS' ECB program (which has totally intimidated me up to this point). Have started, ongoing.
6. Keep track of how much money I save via couponing, rebates, sales, ECB/RRs, etc. I set this up and have put on Google docs for personal ease in updating. So far this year, I've saved a little over $900.
7. Enjoy living my first full calendar year debt free since 1994, and having a 3-month emegerency fund for the first time. EVER. AHHH!
8. As funds allow, boosting EF to 6 months. DONE 02/09.
9. Once EF is 6 months (currently 3), restart putting money in IRA. LATER THIS YEAR.

ETA: While it looks like I'm kicking butt on my financial goals, there is one thing to consider which is unusual -- I recently received an inheritance. I don't recommend trying this at home. Trust me, it wasn't fun to get it (because of what happened in order to get it).

No comments:

Post a Comment