Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Using Rite Aid's Gift of Savings




I've never had a digital camera. I had a film camera back when I was a journalist, but it got so I hardly ever used it. Finally, when I moved, I gave it to the St. Vincent de Paul Society. I didn't have enough energy to sell it.

I started looking at cameras at Rite Aid to see what could be matched up with my $20 Gift of Savings.

I found a 4.1 mp Sakar camera on sale for $39.99 regularly $59.99. In the meantime, I learned at Hot Coupon World how to get the $5/$25 coupon, so I printed that out as well.

When I went back to the store, I discovered on the box that it required a SD card. Bummer. I looked for one, and found a 2 GB card for sale for $12.99, regularly $69.99. Plus there's a $5 rebate on it this month.

So, my new digital camera so I can take future pics of deals (the camera used for this pic is borrowed from work, but a lot of times it's not available):

1 Sakar Digital Camera $39.99
1 SD Card 2GB $12.99
- $20 Gift of Savings
- $5 /$25 coupon
- $5 SCR
OOP $25.96

Full retail: $129.98 +$7.80 MI sales tax

I think ... not bad. Not bad at all.

1 comment: