Sunday, February 1, 2009

CVS Test Ad - Making Lemonade

I live in Michigan, so I'm one of the "lucky" to have the test ad this week. My intention going into CVS this morning was to check out the CRT machine to see if it would give me any goodies. Yes! A $5/$25. I already had one, but it expires 2/8 ... not much time use it for great dealies before it expires.

But since it gave me a $5/$25 and $1 CVS lotion, I decided to give it the old college try. In my arsenal was the Try Me Free MIR for Vitamin Shampoo. It prices at $6.99 and I didn't have a coupon for it, so I decided to just see what I could do ...

I found the two Earinses and the chewable aspirins that are part of the monthly ECB promotion. In test ad land, that's a girl's only option. I grabbed another 3 oz CVS lotion (the trial ones are for 99 cents in the trial area) and I was good to go.

2 Earinses $7.99
1 CVS chewable aspirin $1.99
1 CVS lotion $1.49
1 Vitamin Shampoo $6.99

-----
-$5 $5/$25 CRT
-$1 CVS Lotion CRT
-$13.98 ECB

= $6.86 + $17.97 ECB

-$6.99 = $0.13 + $0.42 postage = $0.29 OOP

Picture tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment